Friday, September 16, 2011

My First Tile Project

We have new propane stoves to heat the house. They are the type that look like wood burning stoves complete with fake logs! I like to have a heat source that I can back up to - a bun warmer! Leon built some platforms for them and I tiled the tops of those today. I learned how to use a tile cutter and how to apply tile adhesive. Tomorrow I will apply the grout.

The first tiles...

The first platform
The second platform

Tiling has turned out to be fun! In the past I had been intimidated at the thought but the more I read, the more I thought it was doable. Now I am thinking about what other projects I could tile. Maybe redo the bathroom counter? I would like to make some end tables and tile the tops.  I will post more pictures as this project progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment