Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Trash to Treasure

I love taking old things and turning them into something useful. At an auction this summer, I bought a dining table, chairs, hutch, cart, and end table that all matched. My mother-in-law wanted the hutch and it all went for such a bargain I couldn't resist. The end table had a nice size marble top and a drawer. I had already decided to use the marble top in my new kitchen for rolling out dough. I am going to build an island and make a place to keep the marble.
I took the legs off of the table and will use those to make an ottoman. The legs are still attached to a frame so I will make a new top and then upholster it. I took the drawer and sanded off the finish. The wood itself is not particularly pretty so I painted it a light blue. I just used a light coat and now it looks aged. I found some scrapbook paper to put on the inside and now I will hang it in the bathroom and use it as a shelf.
Old drawer

Handles removed and painted blue

Finished shelf - I just need to hang it on the wall!

2 comments: