Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Body Scrub

I have used a salt body scrub in the past and it seems to work really well. The only drawback is it seems to be insanely expensive! I found a couple of recipes and tried today.

Sea Salt Body Scrub
1/4 cup sea salt
2 - 3 Tbs oil ( I used grape seed oil - you could use apricot kernel oil, EV olive oil, etc.)
A few drops of your favorite essential oil for fragrance ( I used eucalyptus)

Coffee Body Scrub
1/4 cup ground coffee (a good way to use grounds that have become stale)
1/4 cup sugar - white or brown
2 Tbs EV olive oil
I added a dash of vanilla for good measure!

They say the caffeine in the coffee is good for your skin. Helps prevent cellulite and varicose veins. Both scrubs are good for circulation if you scrub in a circular motion.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly,
    Jeff said you had a new blog but I didnt know how to find it. Thanks for commenting. Now I can read your new blog.
    Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbie!
    I am glad you found my blog! I have missed you on Facebook. I couldn't get on your blog for a while and I am glad to be able to keep up with you again. I hope you enjoy your new place!

    ReplyDelete