Thursday, April 14, 2011

DOT Regulations

Leon and I went to Liberal and got a health card today so we would be in compliance with DOT regulations. No, I am not driving the semi! But, if I should happen to go to Liberal with the flatbed trailer and pick up anything for the farm, I am subject to DOT regulations. Which means I have to have a DOT number (on the pickup or Durango that is pulling the trailer) and a health card. If I take the same trailer to Garden City and get a load of lumber for the house I don't have to have one. Doesn't make much sense if the primary issue is safety. Anyway, we are trying to cover all of our bases and comply with the regulations. I need to order some magnetic signs so we can put our number and name on the pickup or Durango when we need to have them.

3 comments:

  1. Try getting your signs from vist print. That might be the cheapest.
    What a goofy law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Yes, you did drive the semi! According to your next post....

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Amanda! I wrote this before I drove the semi that's for sure. At least I wasn't driving on the highway!

    ReplyDelete