Monday, April 18, 2011

Women of Joy Conference

My mom, Lorena, and I attended the WOJ conference in OKC this weekend. Wow! It was fantastic! Friday evening started with praise music from Charles Billingsley then Governor Mary Fallin spoke. The night was topped off with Sarah Palin. Sarah spoke mostly about her family and how she doesn't let the critics and the haters get to her. She is truly an inspiration.
Saturday morning we enjoyed the comedy of Anita Renfroe. She is hilarious! We had free time in the afternoon so we hit the mall. That evening we were blessed with a concert from Michael W. Smith. I saw him in concert many, many years ago with Amy Grant. He is even better now!
Sunday morning they honored those who died in the OKC bombing and gave a donation to a jail ministry the sheriff is working with and a donation to an officer who was injured trying to keep the peace while he was off-duty. Here is a website that tells Officer Peery's story. http://chadpeeryfund.org
Karen Kingsbury spoke to us. She has such a positive outlook. I love her books too! She also announced that she is starting up a project to help raise money for the officer that was injured. I will post more on that when she gets it put on her website.
This was the first time they have had a Women of Joy conference in OKC. Lorena and I preregistered for next year. I don't know who is going to be there but I know it will be great! If you get a chance to go, take it. You will be blessed, inspired, and refreshed! Check out the website for more information. Women of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment