Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sewing Class

This afternoon I taught a group of young moms how to sew. We made dresses along the same lines as the Little Dresses for Africa. You can read more about that project at http://www.nancysnotions.com/text/pdf/LittleDressesforAfrica_pattern.pdf The ladies were excited about making something that would help others. There were four students today and another one may join us next time. The classes are being held at the Oliver Warmer Memorial Library in Hooker. That library holds a lot of programs for the community and is a great place to find fantastic books.
It was a rewarding day for me. The ladies really seemed to appreciate the class but I enjoyed the afternoon and felt like I was the one that received the reward. I am looking forward to our next meeting. They want to learn how to install zippers and create buttonholes! Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a great idea. Those girls are so lucky. So many youngsters want to learn to sew and have no one to teach them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to teach such an eager group of learners. I am looking forward to Monday night when we meet again!

    ReplyDelete